Senin, 19 September 2016

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3799

7 Messages

Digest #3799
1b
Re: Investors Business Daily IBD by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
1d
Re: Investors Business Daily IBD by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
1e
Re: Investors Business Daily IBD by "Madhu Khemani" madhu_98
1f
Re: Investors Business Daily IBD by "Brad Reel" reeldeal9090

Messages

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:20 am (PDT) . Posted by:

lakshmi8th

Dear Randy,


I would like to use SMF to download IBD information (RS and EPS) for a list of 100 to 500 stocks. I am using Windows 10. I recall being able to do this in the past, but know the IBD site has changed etc. Before signing up again for IBD I thought I would check with you to see if there is a particular set up I need. I would be okay if I could only download 50 to 100.


Thanks for this awesome tool and all of your help.


Jeff

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:54 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

There are several IBD templates in the "Works in progress" folder on the
web site:

http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF/Works-In-Progress/

All currently work for me. But you're right. IBD has had a few changed in
the last year or so.

However, IBD does have a limit in the number of downloads you can do in a
24-hour period. I think it was 300 stock checkups? You'd have to check.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 5:20 AM, simran8thplane@
​...wrote:

> I would like to use SMF to download IBD information (RS and EPS) for a
> list of 100 to 500 stocks. I am using Windows 10. I recall being able to
> do this in the past, but know the IBD site has changed etc. Before signing
> up again for IBD I thought I would check with you to see if there is a
> particular set up I need. I would be okay if I could only download 50 to
> 100.
>
>

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:08 am (PDT) . Posted by:

lakshmi8th

Hello Randy,

Do you know if those spreadsheets will work with ibd etables or do you have to subscribe to the full digital subscription? Looks to me like etables provides only a limited subset of the stocks and might not even have stock checkup, so i am thinking that getting the digital edition is probably the least expensive option. All I want is the RS and EPS ratings, but it appears to me that will require a full digital subscription. Any thoughts on that.


Thanks again for your time.
Best regards,
Jeff

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:34 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

I have digital subscription + eTables. I'm not sure what comes with what.
Just that those get me what I want.

I've never considered IBD to be very forthright about what their charges
are for each product. They invite you to sign up for a free trial, but
don't tell you what it will cost later.

But, no, the worksheets I cited earlier are for the stock quote and stock
checkup pages. I get the eTables from their stock list pages instead of
from the eTables section. That is:

http://research.investors.com/stock-lists/ibd-50/
http://research.investors.com/stock-lists/your-weekly-review/

Not sure if that comes with the digital subscription, or whether it also
requires the eTables subscription.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 10:08 AM, simran8thplane@
​...wrote:

>
> Do you know if those spreadsheets will work with ibd etables or do you
> have to subscribe to the full digital subscription? Looks to me like
> etables provides only a limited subset of the stocks and might not even
> have stock checkup, so i am thinking that getting the digital edition is
> probably the least expensive option. All I want is the RS and EPS ratings,
> but it appears to me that will require a full digital subscription. Any
> thoughts on that.
>
>

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:09 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Madhu Khemani" madhu_98

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } FYI, we have a free RS stock screener here: GROWTH STOCK ANALYTICS - HIGH EPS AND RELATIVE STRENGTH STOCKS 

|
|
|
| | |

|

|
|
| |
GROWTH STOCK ANALYTICS - HIGH EPS AND RELATIVE STRENGTH STOCKS

Stock Market Investors, Improve Your Stock Picks Using Our Stock Research, Stock Investing, Stock Analysis and Stock Ranking System. Relative Strength Stock Trading for Stock Brokers and Individual Investors. Stock Charts, Stock Picks and Stock Scree
| |

|

|

Not all stocks, just the stronger ones. 
Best,
Madhu

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, September 18, 2016, 1:34 PM, Randy Harmelink rharmelink@gmail.com [smf_addin] <smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I have digital subscription + eTables. I'm not sure what comes with what. Just that those get me what I want.

I've never considered IBD to be very forthright about what their charges are for each product. They invite you to sign up for a free trial, but don't tell you what it will cost later.

But, no, the worksheets I cited earlier are for the stock quote and stock checkup pages. I get the eTables from their stock list pages instead of from the eTables section. That is:

http://research.investors.com/stock-lists/ibd-50/
http://research.investors.com/stock-lists/your-weekly-review/

Not sure if that comes with the digital subscription, or whether it also requires the eTables subscription.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 10:08 AM, simran8thplane@​...wrote:

Do you know if those spreadsheets will work with ibd etables or do you have to subscribe to the full digital subscription?  Looks to me like etables provides only a limited subset of the stocks and might not even have stock checkup, so i am thinking that getting the digital edition is probably the least expensive option.  All I want is the RS and EPS ratings, but it appears to me that will require a full digital subscription.  Any thoughts on that.

-- #ygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}#ygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}#ygrp-mkp #hd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;}#ygrp-mkp #ads {margin-bottom:10px;}#ygrp-mkp .ad {padding:0 0;}#ygrp-mkp .ad p {margin:0;}#ygrp-mkp .ad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;}#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd {margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}#actions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}#activity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}#activity span {font-weight:700;}#activity span:first-child {text-transform:uppercase;}#activity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}#activity span span {color:#ff7900;}#activity span .underline {text-decoration:underline;}.attach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}.attach div a {text-decoration:none;}.attach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;}.attach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}.attach label a {text-decoration:none;}blockquote {margin:0 0 0 4px;}.bold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}.bold a {text-decoration:none;}dd.last p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}dd.last p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}dd.last p span.yshortcuts {margin-right:0;}div.attach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;}div.attach-table {width:400px;}div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}.green {color:#628c2a;}.MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}o {font-size:0;}#photos div {float:left;width:72px;}#photos div div {border:1px solid #666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#photos div label {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}#reco-category {font-size:77%;}#reco-desc {font-size:77%;}.replbq {margin:4px;}#ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}#ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}#ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#ygrp-mlmsg #logo {padding-bottom:10px;}#ygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;}#ygrp-msg p#attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}#ygrp-reco #reco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}#ygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov ul {margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}#ygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;}#ygrp-text p {margin:0 0 1em 0;}#ygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}#ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {border-right:none !important;}


Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:15 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Brad Reel" reeldeal9090

Digital has the stock checkup, which will get you the data you are looking
for. eTables doesn't have stock checkup. I use my digital subscription to
get what you are trying to get, Jeff, no issues.

On Sep 18, 2016 1:09 PM, "Madhu Khemani madhu_98@yahoo.com [smf_addin]" <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

FYI, we have a free RS stock screener here: GROWTH STOCK ANALYTICS - HIGH
EPS AND RELATIVE STRENGTH STOCKS
<http://www.growthstockanalytics.com/free-stock-screener.phtml>

GROWTH STOCK ANALYTICS - HIGH EPS AND RELATIVE STRENGTH STOCKS

Stock Market Investors, Improve Your Stock Picks Using Our Stock Research,
Stock Investing, Stock Analysis and Stock Ranking System. Relative Strength
Stock Trading for Stock Brokers and Individual Investors. Stock Charts,
Stock Picks and Stock Scree
<http://www.growthstockanalytics.com/free-stock-screener.phtml>

Not all stocks, just the stronger ones.

Best,

Madhu

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://yho.com/footer0>

On Sunday, September 18, 2016, 1:34 PM, Randy Harmelink rharmelink@gmail.com
[smf_addin] <smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I have digital subscription + eTables. I'm not sure what comes with what.
Just that those get me what I want.

I've never considered IBD to be very forthright about what their charges
are for each product. They invite you to sign up for a free trial, but
don't tell you what it will cost later.

But, no, the worksheets I cited earlier are for the stock quote and stock
checkup pages. I get the eTables from their stock list pages instead of
from the eTables section. That is:

http://research.investors.com/stock-lists/ibd-50/
http://research.investors.com/stock-lists/your-weekly-review/

Not sure if that comes with the digital subscription, or whether it also
requires the eTables subscription.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 10:08 AM, simran8thplane@
​...wrote:

>
> Do you know if those spreadsheets will work with ibd etables or do you
> have to subscribe to the full digital subscription? Looks to me like
> etables provides only a limited subset of the stocks and might not even
> have stock checkup, so i am thinking that getting the digital edition is
> probably the least expensive option. All I want is the RS and EPS ratings,
> but it appears to me that will require a full digital subscription. Any
> thoughts on that.
>
>

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:03 am (PDT) . Posted by:

climbermel

I have a spreadsheet set up to use the Portfolio View (smfGetYahooPortfolioView) and it works well even though I had a few challenges getting it to work initially. The one thing I noticed was that any options on CAD holdings was missing data. I went to Yahoo and it appears that it doesn't have data on CAD options.
Anyone else using options on CAD stocks and getting data for them?
Here is an example:
Stock: EMA.TO
Option: EMA.TO160916P00048000

If you go to "finance.yahoo.com/quote/EMA.TO/options?p=EMA.TO" it shows "We're sorry, we weren't able to find any data."

I also checked the Canadian Yahoo and get the same. Go to "https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EMA.TO&ql=0" and the menu for Options is greyed out...

Mel
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar