Jumat, 09 Januari 2015

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3291

7 Messages

Digest #3291
1a
1b
Re: End Of Qtr Dates by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
2a
IMF Global GDP by zacharycal
2b
Re: IMF Global GDP by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
4b
Re: Guru Focus RCHGetTableCell by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Messages

Thu Jan 8, 2015 6:23 am (PST) . Posted by:

adamsingh1

I want to find the fiscal Qtr end date. Most correspond with the last day of the month, but some do not. For example, AAPL's qtr ended Dec 27, 14. I am attempting to calculate the days between the Qtr end and the next earnings report date, thus the exact day is crucial. Thanks.

Thu Jan 8, 2015 7:30 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Try something like:

=DATEVALUE(RCHGetTableCell("http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=AAPL",1,">Period
Ending"))

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 7:23 AM, singh.adam@gmail.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> I want to find the fiscal Qtr end date. Most correspond with the last day
> of the month, but some do not. For example, AAPL's qtr ended Dec 27, 14.
> I am attempting to calculate the days between the Qtr end and the next
> earnings report date, thus the exact day is crucial. Thanks.
>

Thu Jan 8, 2015 9:47 am (PST) . Posted by:

zacharycal

Hello,


I am trying to insert the HTML table from on Global GDP projections from the IMF. The best table I have found is from Wikipedia. The link is here:


List of IMF ranked countries by past and projected GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMF_ranked_countries_by_past_and_projected_GDP_(nominal)#IMF_estimates_between_2010_and_2019



List of IMF ranked countries by past and projected GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMF_ranked_countries_by_past_and_projected_GDP_(nominal)#IMF_estimates_between_2010_and_2019 This is an alphabetical list of countries by past and future gross domestic product as ranked by the IMF.



View on en.wikipedia.org http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMF_ranked_countries_by_past_and_projected_GDP_(nominal)#IMF_estimates_between_2010_and_2019
Preview by Yahoo




I would like the table entitled "IMF estimates between 2010 and 2019". Any thoughts on the best formula?


Thanks,

Zach


Thu Jan 8, 2015 12:32 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Try:

=RCHGetHTMLTable("
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMF_ranked_countries_by_past_and_projected_GDP_(nominal)
",
"id=""IMF_estimates_between_2010_and_2019""",1,"",2)

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 10:47 AM, zabrams@... wrote:
>
> I am trying to insert the HTML table from on Global GDP projections from
> the IMF. The best table I have found is from Wikipedia. The link is here:
>
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMF_ranked_countries_by_past_and_projected_GDP_(nominal)#IMF_estimates_between_2010_and_2019
>
> I would like the table entitled "IMF estimates between 2010 and 2019".
> Any thoughts on the best formula?
>

Thu Jan 8, 2015 11:20 am (PST) . Posted by:

ssztaba

For what it's work, it appears that the smfGetOptionsQuotes is working -- that is, I am getting accurate quotes on options expiring tomorrow Jan 9, 2015.

I'm using the smf_addin that I rolled back to after Yahoo rolled back it's changes.

Stan Sztaba



Thu Jan 8, 2015 7:03 pm (PST) . Posted by:

rb_luther

Quick question. I'm using the RCHGetTableCell function to pull data from the Gurufocus site.

Example formula using EZPW ticker:

=RCHGetTableCell("http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/EZPW",1,">Fiscal Period",">Revenue")

Formula works fine, but I am trying to pull down revenue...this formula is giving me an output of "6.24," which is "Revenue per share". Looks like the formula is pulling the first item in the table that starts with revenue...not the exact match. Same is true for EBITDA vs. EBIT, etc.

I was able to get to revenue using the following formula:

=RCHGetTableCell("http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/EZPW",2,">Fiscal Period",">Revenue",0,0,38)

Seems there should be a better way. Any advice?

Also, anyone notice how bad ADVFN data is? I used to use them but if you look at quarterly Revenue for IBM or EZPW for example it is way off for the trailing 4 quarters. Same is true for annual data for EBITDA vs. EBIT.


Thu Jan 8, 2015 7:23 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

I would prefer to use more unique search terms, using the HTML processing
they have set up for each line. For example:

=RCHGetTableCell("http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/EZPW",1,"/Revenue/")
=RCHGetTableCell("http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/EZPW
",2,"&series[]=Revenue&")
=RCHGetTableCell("http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/EZPW
",1,"title='Revenue'")

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:03 PM, rb_luther@... wrote:

>
> Quick question. I'm using the RCHGetTableCell function to pull data from
> the Gurufocus site.
>
> Example formula using EZPW ticker:
>
> =RCHGetTableCell("http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/EZPW",1,">Fiscal
> Period",">Revenue")
>
> Formula works fine, but I am trying to pull down revenue...this formula is
> giving me an output of "6.24," which is "Revenue per share". Looks like the
> formula is pulling the first item in the table that starts with
> revenue...not the exact match. Same is true for EBITDA vs. EBIT, etc.
>
> I was able to get to revenue using the following formula:
>
> =RCHGetTableCell("http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/EZPW",2,">Fiscal
> Period",">Revenue",0,0,38)
>
> Seems there should be a better way. Any advice?
>
> Also, anyone notice how bad ADVFN data is? I used to use them but if you
> look at quarterly Revenue for IBM or EZPW for example it is way off for the
> trailing 4 quarters. Same is true for annual data for EBITDA vs. EBIT.
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar