Minggu, 10 Januari 2016

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3604[1 Attachment]

5 Messages

Digest #3604

Messages

Sat Jan 9, 2016 8:38 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

FireFox gives me a "server not found" error and no web page...

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 9:34 PM, mark.boogaers@... wrote:

> Hope anyone can help with this. I am trying to get infom from website page
> as below using =RCHGetHTMLTable(URL,"",1,"",1) to get everything from the
> page which is only a data table page.
>
>
> http://www.bursamarketplace.com/index.php?tpl=th001_fin_bs&stockcode=IQ8070734&ac=0
>
> This gets me all the data nicely upto the split in the table. Anything
> below "supplemental items" is not coming in.
>
> Anyone who can assist please?
>

Sat Jan 9, 2016 9:34 pm (PST) . Posted by:

mark.boogaers

Hmm. That's strange. I filtered the webpage address from the HTML code on attached page. Works fine at my end. Some restriction for accessing the datas pages I guess.

http://www.bursamarketplace.com/index.php?ch=ch_themarket&pg=pg_tm_stocksss&ac=2606&sch=ch_stocks_financials# http://www.bursamarketplace.com/index.php?ch=ch_themarket&pg=pg_tm_stocksss&ac=2606&sch=ch_stocks_financials#



Does this work at your end?






Sat Jan 9, 2016 11:14 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

The web site must have been down. The original URL is working now. So does
your new one.

The solution is simple:

=RCHGetHTMLTable(URL,"",1,"",2)

That's because there are TWO tables on the web page. Not one. The "split"
in the table was a space between the two table.

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 10:34 PM, mark.boogaers@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> Hmm. That's strange. I filtered the webpage address from the HTML code on
> attached page. Works fine at my end. Some restriction for accessing the
> datas pages I guess.
>
>
> http://www.bursamarketplace.com/index.php?ch=ch_themarket&pg=pg_tm_stocksss&ac=2606&sch=ch_stocks_financials#
>
> Does this work at your end?
>

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 9:34 PM, mark.boogaers@... wrote:

> Hope anyone can help with this. I am trying to get infom from website page
> as below using =RCHGetHTMLTable(URL,"",1,"",1) to get everything from the
> page which is only a data table page.
>
>
> http://www.bursamarketplace.com/index.php?tpl=th001_fin_bs&stockcode=IQ8070734&ac=0
>
> This gets me all the data nicely upto the split in the table. Anything
> below "supplemental items" is not coming in.
>
> Anyone who can assist please?
>

Sat Jan 9, 2016 9:14 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Gordon Pedersen"

Thanks again. This is my last hurrah for tonight. :-)

My intuition (has somw basis, I've administered Unix machines as an
amateur) is that the Win firewall is not causing grief--unless SMF uses
oddball ports. The Win 7 firewall I set up quite vanilla and it has never
given problems in 2 years.

I assume that I'm doing something wrong, or I'm not doing something I
should. I bet it has to do with Excel, but it could have to do with IBD or
my login there, even though I have logged in multiple times apparently
successfully.

Attached file shows a progression of steps taken with the new worksheet.

Gordon

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Randy Harmelink rharmelink@gmail.com
[smf_addin] <smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
>
> I'd add this formula to step 2, which should be the hard-coded version of
> element #2077:
>
> =RCHGetTableCell("
> http://research.investors.com/stock-checkup/xxxx-JNJ.aspx",1,">Debt/Equity
> Ratio")
>
> You could also try 5.5 -- run smfForceRecalculation to see if formula
> results change (they should if you are now logged in). You shouldn't see
> ANY changes in formula results immediately after logging in to IBD. The
> add-in saves a copy of web pages internally before extracting data from
> them. It won't be until you force the add-in to grab a fresh copy of the
> web page from the Internet that you'll see values change, and that requires
> either smfForceRecalculation or an exit and restart of EXCEL.
>
> Note: I was just trying some of the formulas and getting really strange
> behavior from EXCEL. Turns out the investors.com website is offline right
> now. So make sure it's up and running before you try anything. :)
>
> A firewall might complicate things. But if you're able to get to the
> websites using the IE object from within EXCEL, the add-in should have
> access to the Internet as well. It's just using the same MicroSoft API's
> that IE is.
>
>
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Gordon Pedersen gordon@...wrote:
>
>>
>> Thanks, Randy. Given that using macros w/Excel, not just SMF, is new
>> territory, I'm almost surely making some basic mistake.
>>
>> However, in the back of my mind, I also wonder if I might be caught in
>> some MS Office, Excel or Windows 7 security trap that I'm not aware of. (
>>
>> I have Windows firewall running. I have not messed w/Excel or Office
>> default security settings, as far as I recall.)
>>
>> Could be a little of both.
>>
>> I'm going to start a fresh workbook, enter the same simple formulas using
>> JNJ as test symbol, and see what happens.
>>
>> What I'd love is a short list of what to do, what Excel configuration
>> items to check/change, and what NOT to do. I'll start the list, knowing
>> what I propose will be wrong and imcomplete.
>>
>> 0. Install the latest SMF add-in in the default location: C:\SMF Add-in\
>>
>> (I updated the new elements files from ogres-crypt: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 6, and
>> 9.)
>>
>> 1. Enable the add-in using instructions in SeekingAlpha tutorial
>>
>> (tutorial URL:
>> http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/326478-derek-a-barrett/1414481-automating-alpha-getting-started-with-stock-market-functions-smf-add-in-for-excel
>> )
>>
>> 2. Start a brand-new worksheet and enter simple formulas like so in a
>> row with symbol in col A:
>>
>> =RCHGetElementNumber($A2,13674)
>> =RCHGetElementNumber($A2,13666)
>> =RCHGetElementNumber($A2,2077) # this is the IBD formula
>>
>> 3. Create a valid login at investors.com (IBD) and prove that it works.
>>
>> 4. Use Excel Data / From web to log into investors.com using the
>> following URL (subbing in my investors.com email and password):
>>
>>
>> http://www.investors.com/Services/SiteAjaxService.asmx/MemberSingIn?strEmail=xxxxx&strPassword=yyyyy&blnRemember=True
>>
>> 5. Observe the formula definitions and values.
>>
>> 6. Save the file, close Excel.
>>
>> 7. Reopen Excel and open the file. Observe formula definitions and
>> values.
>>
>> 8. ???
>>
>>
>>
>
>

--
Gordon Pedersen
Attachment(s) from Gordon Pedersen
1 of 1 File(s)

Sat Jan 9, 2016 11:08 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

I'm at a loss...

Hmmm. When you log in with your browser, do you see the normal stock
checkup page when you use the URL?

http://research.investors.com/stock-checkup/xxxx-JNJ.aspx

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Gordon Pedersen gordon@...wrote:

>
> Thanks again. This is my last hurrah for tonight. :-)
>
> My intuition (has somw basis, I've administered Unix machines as an
> amateur) is that the Win firewall is not causing grief--unless SMF uses
> oddball ports. The Win 7 firewall I set up quite vanilla and it has never
> given problems in 2 years.
>
> I assume that I'm doing something wrong, or I'm not doing something I
> should. I bet it has to do with Excel, but it could have to do with IBD or
> my login there, even though I have logged in multiple times apparently
> successfully.
>
> Attached file shows a progression of steps taken with the new worksheet.
>
> Gordon
>
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar