Sabtu, 30 Januari 2016

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3620

10 Messages

Digest #3620
1a
Re: Help on element 884, Bond Rating by pastor_blake@sbcglobal.net
1b
Re: Help on element 884, Bond Rating by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
1c
Re: Help on element 884, Bond Rating by pastor_blake@sbcglobal.net
2b
Re: add-in stopped working by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
2d
Re: add-in stopped working by "Kermit W. Prather" kermitpra
2e
Re: add-in stopped working by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
3a
3b
Re: Edgar data feed by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Messages

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 am (PST) . Posted by:

pastor_blake@sbcglobal.net

Hi, I am new to this group and am struggling with the information. I have been able to figure out a lot of it but am struggling with bond info. On this latest issue with element 884, I copied the formula and got the rating back, but then I went into the formula and changed the ticker symbol from MMM to another symbol VWALX and it came back with an error. Can you educate me a little (or a lot)? Thanks
Blake

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:56 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Element #884 is corporate bond ratings, so they wouldn't apply to mutual
funds.

Maybe element #4930 or #5064 or #5093 is what you need? Check out the
applicable Yahoo web pages for context.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 10:03 AM, pastor_blake@... wrote:

>
> I am new to this group and am struggling with the information. I have been
> able to figure out a lot of it but am struggling with bond info. On this
> latest issue with element 884, I copied the formula and got the rating
> back, but then I went into the formula and changed the ticker symbol from
> MMM to another symbol VWALX and it came back with an error. Can you educate
> me a little (or a lot)? Thanks
>

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:05 pm (PST) . Posted by:

salarkhor

hi randy,
i can only concur to your gut feeling that there is a connection issue as literally any query gives an error.

This remains so even when I turn off firewall.

I also tried to play around with my internet settings by changing random settings, but it doesn't change the status quo. Do you know of any particular IE setting that I should play with? Or any other potential root cause of the connection issue?

I really appreciate your support, Randy.
Sal

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:36 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Sorry, but I haven't a clue.

As is, I'm running with outdated IE software (because I don't use it) and
the Vista operating system. I just got a message when I booted up Chrome
this morning that Vista will no longer be supported. I only upgrade
operating systems and EXCEL when I get a new computer, so maybe it's
time...maybe after the next maintenance upgrade of Windows 10.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM, salarkhor@... wrote:

>
> hi randy,
> i can only concur to your gut feeling that there is a connection issue as
> literally any query gives an error.
>
> This remains so even when I turn off firewall.
>
> I also tried to play around with my internet settings by changing random
> settings, but it doesn't change the status quo. Do you know of any
> particular IE setting that I should play with? Or any other potential root
> cause of the connection issue?
>
> I really appreciate your support, Randy.
> Sal
>

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:34 pm (PST) . Posted by:

salarkhor

I understand. But thanks for the efforts you put in this. I'll just continue with my trial and error then.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:00 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Kermit W. Prather" kermitpra

First, ask Randy if his ADD-IN works on win 10 and the new EDGE browser. No IE browser in win 10

Microsoft maybe dropping support for VISTA but they will continue updates.

They dropped support for XP several years ago. I still have an XP machine as well as VISTA 64 bit, Windows 7 and Windows 10

All currently receive updates. I have not had an XP or Vista problem since forever.

Windows 10 is the worst piece of crap ever. Full of ads that keep popping up. I am considering returning to win 7.

My suggestion is that unless you have a strong reason for windows 10 don't go there.

Where you will have a problem is with new hardware and the lack of proper drivers in the older machines.

So if you plan to add the latest hardware then you will need win 10. Before you buy hardware check to see if they supply drivers for the older systems. If so, you'll be fine

From: smf_addin@yahoogroups.com [mailto:smf_addin@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 4:37 PM
To: smf_addin@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [smf_addin] add-in stopped working


Sorry, but I haven't a clue.

As is, I'm running with outdated IE software (because I don't use it) and the Vista operating system. I just got a message when I booted up Chrome this morning that Vista will no longer be supported. I only upgrade operating systems and EXCEL when I get a new computer, so maybe it's time...maybe after the next maintenance upgrade of Windows 10.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM, salarkhor@... wrote:

hi randy,
i can only concur to your gut feeling that there is a connection issue as literally any query gives an error.

This remains so even when I turn off firewall.

I also tried to play around with my internet settings by changing random settings, but it doesn't change the status quo. Do you know of any particular IE setting that I should play with? Or any other potential root cause of the connection issue?

I really appreciate your support, Randy.
Sal


Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:12 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Windows 10 DOES have IE:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/open-internet-explorer-in-windows-10

It's just not the default browser.

My new laptop has Windows 10, but I haven't done much on it. Mostly played
games.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 4:59 PM, 'Kermit W. Prather' kermitp@... wrote:

>
> *First, ask Randy if his ADD-IN works on win 10 and the new EDGE browser.**
> No IE browser in win 10*
>
>
>
> Microsoft maybe dropping support for VISTA but they will continue updates.
>
>
>
> They dropped support for XP several years ago. I still have an XP machine
> as well as VISTA 64 bit, Windows 7 and Windows 10
>
>
>
> All currently receive updates. I have not had an XP or Vista problem since
> forever.
>
>
>
> Windows 10 is the worst piece of crap ever. Full of ads that keep
> popping up. I am considering returning to win 7.
>
>
>
> My suggestion is that unless you have a strong reason for windows 10 don't
> go there.
>
>
>
> Where you will have a problem is with new hardware and the lack of proper
> drivers in the older machines.
>
>
>
> So if you plan to add the latest hardware then you will need win 10.
> Before you buy hardware check to see if they supply drivers for the older
> systems. If so, you'll be fine
>

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:54 pm (PST) . Posted by:

kkkutty

Hi Randy,

Is it possible to concatenate this so I can reference a different CIK# and accession#?


='http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/66740/000110465915054810/[Financial_Report.xlsx]Consolidated http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/66740/000110465915054810/[Financial_Report.xlsx]Consolidated Statement of Incom'!A1:F30



I tried (Assuming A1 is the CIK# and B1 is the accession#), but it doesn't work:


="'http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/"&A1&"/"&B1"/[Financial_Report.xlsx]Consolidated http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/66740/000110465915054810/[Financial_Report.xlsx]Consolidated Statement of Incom'!A1:F30"


Is that because it's closed?


Thanks in advance,
kk

Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:37 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

I've tried permutations of that in the past and not been successful. It's
because it's not an EXCEL string value, so a concatenation operator isn't
valid. I also tried the INDIRECT() function, hoping that would work.
Couldn't do it.

One thing I've considered is to have a macro do the job. That is, enter the
necessary values in cells A1 and B1, then run the macro to create the
necessary array-entered formula formula. You could even have something
check for changes in those cell values, and do it automatically once both
have been changed.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 5:54 PM, kkkutty@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> Is it possible to concatenate this so I can reference a different CIK# and
> accession#?
>
> ='
> http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/66740/000110465915054810/[Financial_Report.xlsx]Consolidated Statement
> of Incom'!A1:F30
>
> I tried (Assuming A1 is the CIK# and B1 is the accession#), but it doesn't
> work:
>
> ="'
> http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/"&A1&"/"&B1"/[Financial_Report.xlsx]Consolidated
> <http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/66740/000110465915054810/%5BFinancial_Report.xlsx%5DConsolidated> Statement
> of Incom'!A1:F30"
>
> Is that because it's closed?
>
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar