Jumat, 29 Januari 2016

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3619

9 Messages

Digest #3619

Messages

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:15 am (PST) . Posted by:

jnmuller82

I am brand new to smf add-in, and this group. I have poured through the introductory materials but still have big question.


Which function can tell me the price of a stock, etf, or mutual fund on a particular historical date?


Thanks!

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:19 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Depending on the need, either RCHGetYahooHistory() or smfPricesByDates().
The first gives you access to all of the historical quotes data on Yahoo.
The second extracts adjusted closing prices for specific dates, typically
for the computation of total returns.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 9:54 AM, jnmuller82@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I am brand new to smf add-in, and this group. I have poured through the
> introductory materials but still have big question.
>
> Which function can tell me the price of a stock, etf, or mutual fund on a
> particular historical date?
>
>

Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:51 am (PST) . Posted by:

ghart21

I've been using SMF for years but today I find that this particular call does not work (It's for last reported earnings date from Zacks)


Example would be RCHGetElementNumber($B3,1290) where $B3 contains the symbol


My add-in is up to date and other calls are working fine


Thanks for all you've done for all of us

Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:11 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

I just tried it with ticker symbol MMM and it worked fine here.

However, I did just update elements #1286 thru #1400 on 2016-01-13, because
of changes that Zacks made to the web page. See:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/conversations/messages/29705

The updated smf-elements-8.txt is on the website:

http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF/Elements/

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:51 PM, ghart23@earthlink.net [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I've been using SMF for years but today I find that this particular call
> does not work (It's for last reported earnings date from Zacks)
>
> Example would be RCHGetElementNumber($B3,1290) where $B3 contains the
> symbol
>
> My add-in is up to date and other calls are working fine
>
> Thanks for all you've done for all of us
>
>

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:35 pm (PST) . Posted by:

ghart21

Thanks Randy


That quickly solved it.


I didn't realize that the Zip File for the add-in needed to have the elements files "refreshed&quot; once installed.


From now on I'll do an occasional glance at that SMF/Elements area for updates


Likely to be really necessary if Yahoo goes ahead and makes "beta" baseline. (Hope they don't)

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:31 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

It was one of the reasons I moved the element definitions to external files
-- so I wouldn't have to constantly update the ZIP file. And, actually, you
can load your element definitions directly from those Internet files, so
you would always pick up the latest. However, I don't even use that feature
at the moment. I'm not sure how well it will work if a lot of people are
using it.

I didn't even know there was a Yahoo FInance beta site. Looks awful.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 4:35 PM, ghart23@earthlink.net [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I didn't realize that the Zip File for the add-in needed to have the
> elements files "refreshed&quot; once installed.
>
> From now on I'll do an occasional glance at that SMF/Elements area for
> updates
>
> Likely to be really necessary if Yahoo goes ahead and makes "beta"
> baseline. (Hope they don't)
>
>

Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:06 pm (PST) . Posted by:

augusto727

Hi Antonio. I tried to copy the formula but it doesn't work on my end. How do you point to the Excel worksheet where the ticket symbol is? Also, what does the ~~~~~ mean? I appreciate your help

Cesar

Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:06 pm (PST) . Posted by:

augusto727

Hi, I am having trouble getting data using element 884, Bond Rating. Can you help? Thanks

Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:59 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Looks like MorningStar has moved the bond ratings off to a separate site.
I've updated the smf-elements-4.txt file with an updated element
definition. It can be found here:

http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF/Elements/

Warning -- a lot of my requests for the new bond page took 6 to 10 seconds
to retrieve. So if you're retrieving a number of bond ratings, be prepared
for that.

The new saved formula looks like this:

=RCHGetTableCell(smfStrExtr(RCHGetWebData("
http://quicktake.morningstar.com/StockNet/bonds.aspx?Symbol=MMM","cID=",250,-100),"src=""","&"),1,"MorningStar
Credit Rating","<tr")

...because the "bond" system they have uses a different "ticker" symbol, so
that URL needs to be retrieved first. In this case, it looks like this:

http://bond.morningstar.com/internal/company.aspx?cID=0C0000095Q

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:02 PM, augusto727@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am having trouble getting data using element 884, Bond Rating. Can
> you help? Thanks
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar