Selasa, 24 Mei 2016

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3708[1 Attachment]

15 Messages

Digest #3708
2b
Re: Quick Examination Worksheet by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
3b
Re: Getting the "industry" from Morningstar by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
3d
Re: Getting the "industry" from Morningstar by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
4.1
Yahoo Key Statistics by nicolaslee1992
4.2
Re: Yahoo Key Statistics by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
4.3
Re: Yahoo Key Statistics by nicolaslee1992
4.4
Re: Yahoo Key Statistics by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
4.5
Re: Yahoo Key Statistics by nicolaslee1992

Messages

Tue May 24, 2016 2:29 am (PDT) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

smfGetCSVFile("http://financials.morningstar.com/ajax/ReportProcess4CSV.html?t=XKLS:"&TickerNo&"&reportType=is&period=12&dataType=A&order=desc&columnYear=10&rounding=3&denominatorView=raw")



My excel smfgetcvsfile has never returned total blanks for all cells up till now, but when I tried just now, the values returned are all blanks, hence i went to the morningstar page to check, it says temporarily unavailable, attached photo below..


is this issue just temporary (as the website says it's temporary)? or is it some problems that occured and need fixing?


Thanks Randy :)
Attachment(s) from
1 of 1 Photo(s)

Tue May 24, 2016 6:12 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

I know nothing more than you do on the issue . If they say it's temporary,
just try again later as they suggest.

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 2:29 AM, perseuslim11@
​...​
wrote:

>
> smfGetCSVFile("
> http://financials.morningstar.com/ajax/ReportProcess4CSV.html?t=XKLS
> :"&TickerNo&"&reportType=is&period=12&dataType=A&order=desc&columnYear=10&rounding=3&denominatorView=raw")
>
> My excel smfgetcvsfile has never returned total blanks for all cells up
> till now, but when I tried just now, the values returned are all blanks,
> hence i went to the morningstar page to check, it says temporarily
> unavailable, attached photo below..
>
> is this issue just temporary (as the website says it's temporary)? or is
> it some problems that occured and need fixing?
>
>

Tue May 24, 2016 6:31 am (PDT) . Posted by:

jterrenceho

Randy,

Do you have documentation of how to use the Quick Examination file? I have been trying to understand how it works, but have no success.

Thanks,






Tue May 24, 2016 9:16 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Sorry, no. Because there are so many ways to use it. Most of the time, my
use of it is on a trial and error basis, just trying different things. And
often that's in conjunction with reviewing the source code of the web page,
so I'm going back and forth between the two.

I can walk you through a specific example, if you're having trouble with it.

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 6:31 AM, jterrenceho@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> Randy,
>
> Do you have documentation of how to use the Quick Examination file? I have
> been trying to understand how it works, but have no success.
>
>

Tue May 24, 2016 6:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

nicolaslee1992

Is there a reason why this wouldn't work for certain companies such as JAX? the source page of the information shows JAX's sector but the 878 retrieval as well as the other formula provided above don't pull it for some weird reason.

Tue May 24, 2016 7:57 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Sorry. It's because JAX doesn't have a company website on their profile
page, so it doesn't fit the normal web page construction. The element
definition searches for "Company Website" first, then "Sector", so it can
do the extraction. I can't just search for "Sector", because sometimes
"sector" shows up in the company description.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure any other search terms world work consistently
for all companies either...

About what percentage of companies don't work?

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 6:43 AM, nicolaslee1992@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> Is there a reason why this wouldn't work for certain companies such as
> JAX? the source page of the information shows JAX's sector but the 878
> retrieval as well as the other formula provided above don't pull it for
> some weird reason.
>
>

Tue May 24, 2016 8:32 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

OK. I changed the definition for both #877 (Industry) and #878 (Sector)
because both used "Company Website" as the first search term. I think I
found another search keyword, "</div" that will work consistently. At least
it did for the several dozen I tried, including JAX.

I uploaded the new smf-elements-4.txt element definitions file to the
"Element" web page on the web site:

http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF/Elements/

Best practice is to exit EXCEL when replacing add-in files.

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 8:00 AM, nicolaslee1992@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> approximately 5%
>

Tue May 24, 2016 8:58 am (PDT) . Posted by:

nicolaslee1992

Would it be possible to somehow search for "Industry"; and then take the value above it?

Tue May 24, 2016 7:35 am (PDT) . Posted by:

nicolaslee1992

I noticed that the key statistics elements numbers have changed urls adding &ql=1. One page shows errors for more stats than the other now.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP&ql=1 http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP&ql=1
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP



GPP Key Statistics | Green Plains Partners LP Stock - Yahoo! Finance http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP Find out all the key statistics for Green Plains Partners LP (GPP), including valuation measures, fiscal year financial statistics, trading record, share statistics and more.



View on finance.yahoo.com http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP
Preview by Yahoo





GPP Key Statistics | Green Plains Partners LP Stock - Yahoo! Finance http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP&ql=1 Find out all the key statistics for Green Plains Partners LP (GPP), including valuation measures, fiscal year financial statistics, trading record, share statistics and more.



View on finance.yahoo.com http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP&ql=1
Preview by Yahoo




Tue May 24, 2016 8:05 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

What differences do you see? I'm not seeing any in the quick look I took?
As far as I know, the "ql" parameter is meaningless as far as the data
being extracted.

​I do see a lot of "N/A" values. Is that what you mean by errors?​

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 7:35 AM, nicolaslee1992@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I noticed that the key statistics elements numbers have changed urls
> adding &ql=1. One page shows errors for more stats than the other now.
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP&ql=1
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP
>

Tue May 24, 2016 10:46 am (PDT) . Posted by:

nicolaslee1992

Yeah the one without "ql" has a lot of N/A values while the one with "ql" shows a lot more of the statistics.

Tue May 24, 2016 10:55 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

For me, they both have all the same "N/A" values...

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 8:08 AM, nicolaslee1992@
​...wrote:

>
> Yeah the one without "ql" has a lot of N/A values while the one with "ql"
> shows a lot more of the statistics.
>

Tue May 24, 2016 11:29 am (PDT) . Posted by:

nicolaslee1992



GPP Key Statistics | Green Plains Partners LP Stock - Yahoo! Finance http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP+Key+Statistics Find out all the key statistics for Green Plains Partners LP (GPP), including valuation measures, fiscal year financial statistics, trading record, share statistics and more.



View on finance.yahoo.com http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP+Key+Statistics
Preview by Yahoo



Yeah now they are the same.. Yahoo's guys must be messing around with something.. now if you manually go there the URL is http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP+Key+Statistics http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GPP+Key+Statistics and there are a ton of N/As. I'm getting a lot of that from Yahoo key stats but I think that's on their end.
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar