Selasa, 23 September 2014

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3187

6 Messages

Digest #3187

Messages

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:22 am (PDT) . Posted by:

friedman_steve

Thanks for the comments:

The smfFixLinks macro does fix it so it works... (but it takes a while to run unfortunately).


Below shows formula when computer B opens up the file:
='\\KALOENVY-HP\Users\SMFAddin\RCH_Stock_Market_Functions.xla'!RCHGetElementNumber(""&$A$1&"",981)



it should read:
=RCHGetElementNumber(""&$A$1&"",981)










The idea of mapping sounds interesting.
So, on computer A, I guess I would map the shared drive as drive S for example. And put the SMF file in that drive S.
Then on computer B, also map the shared drive as drive S and have the SMF file reference that same drive S.


And then it will work? Do I have that right?


Thanks,
Steve





Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:42 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

The reason it's taking a while is probably because it's retrieving the data
from the Internet, now that the link has been resolved.

Mapping the drive may make a difference. But results may vary depending on
the operating system. It would probably depend on whether EXCEL saves a
hard-coded location using the mapped drive, or the result of the mapping of
that drive.

It would be interesting to also see what the prefix looks like for an
unresolved link on computer A when opening up the same file.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:22 AM, friedman_steve@...wrote:

>
> The smfFixLinks macro does fix it so it works... (but it takes a while to
> run unfortunately).
>
> Below shows formula when computer B opens up the file:
> ='\\KALOENVY-HP\Users\SMFAddin\RCH_Stock_Market_Functions.xla'!
> RCHGetElementNumber(""&$A$1&"",981)
>
> it should read:
> =RCHGetElementNumber(""&$A$1&"",981)
>
> The idea of mapping sounds interesting.
> So, on computer A, I guess I would map the shared drive as drive S for
> example. And put the SMF file in that drive S.
> Then on computer B, also map the shared drive as drive S and have the SMF
> file reference that same drive S.
>
> And then it will work? Do I have that right?
>

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:52 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Brad Reel" reeldeal9090

Based on my experience, that will work, as long as you map both computers
to the same network drive (S: in your example), and as I said, the add-in
is installed in the same folder on both computers. The file linking looks
at where the add-in is located (e.g. C:\Program Files\SMF Add-in). That
needs to be the same on both computers, or the linking will break each time
you open the file on the other computer.

If you followed the install instructions, then the add-in should be
installed in the same location on both computers and this should not be a
big deal.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM, friedman_steve@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
>
> Thanks for the comments:
>
> The smfFixLinks macro does fix it so it works... (but it takes a while to
> run unfortunately).
>
> Below shows formula when computer B opens up the file:
> ='\&#92;KALOENVY-HP\Users&#92;SMFAddin&#92;RCH_Stock_Market_Functions.xla'!
> RCHGetElementNumber(""&$A$1&"",981)
>
> it should read:
> =RCHGetElementNumber(""&$A$1&"",981)
>
>
>
> The idea of mapping sounds interesting.
> So, on computer A, I guess I would map the shared drive as drive S for
> example. And put the SMF file in that drive S.
> Then on computer B, also map the shared drive as drive S and have the SMF
> file reference that same drive S.
>
> And then it will work? Do I have that right?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
>
>
>
>
>

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:50 am (PDT) . Posted by:

friedman_steve

NICE. We got it working.
We mapped the shared folder as S drive. Then put the SMF xla file(s) in the S drive.
The trick was setting the Excel Addin to reference the S drive now.... Excel asks to COPY it.... you have to choose NO (then it will keep the S drive location, otherwise changes to C drive and won't work).


Now we can go back & forth with computers and it works.
Thanks!

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:47 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

rjemery7

For any given symbol, how would I get the calendar date of the 52-week High or Low? The number of days that have elapsed since the High or Low would be acceptable as well.


Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:59 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Check out the smfPricesBetween() function...

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:28 PM, rjemery@gmail.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> For any given symbol, how would I get the calendar date of the 52-week
> High or Low? The number of days that have elapsed since the High or Low
> would be acceptable as well.
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar