Selasa, 11 Agustus 2015

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3484

15 Messages

Digest #3484
1a
Futures quotes by sdavis81
1b
Re: Futures quotes by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
2.2
Re: smfgetyahooquotes not working for me? by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
2.6
Re: smfgetyahooquotes not working for me? by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Messages

Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:33 am (PDT) . Posted by:

sdavis81


I would like to import futures values into my sheets, particularly /ES the SPY futures quotes. These vary by month, for instance ESU5, would be the future expiring in September (U) of 2015 (5). ES is the future bundle.

Is there a way to enter a formula to grab these quotes with the add-in?

Here is one place I can see the data:

E-Mini S&P 500 Future - Electronic (CME) Sep 2015 http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/esu5

I am not sure how to write a formula to grab a midpoint quote.

Thanks

Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:13 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

I'm not sure what you mean by "midpoint quote"?

Another source: http://www.barchart.com/commodityfutures/All

There is an existing barchart template to get historical quotes...

To get the last price from either source:

=smfConvertData(smfGetTagContent("
http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/esu5","p",-1,"bgLast"))

=RCHGetTableCell("http://www.barchart.com/commodityfutures/All",1,"ESU15")
=RCHGetTableCell("
http://www.barchart.com/commodityfutures/E-Mini_S&P_500_Futures/ES
",1,">ESU15")

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 4:33 AM, sdavis81@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I would like to import futures values into my sheets, particularly /ES the
> SPY futures quotes. These vary by month, for instance ESU5, would be the
> future expiring in September (U) of 2015 (5). ES is the future bundle.
>
> Is there a way to enter a formula to grab these quotes with the add-in?
>
> Here is one place I can see the data:
>
> E-Mini S&P 500 Future - Electronic (CME) Sep 2015
> <http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/esu5>
>
> I am not sure how to write a formula to grab a midpoint quote.
>
>

Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:44 am (PDT) . Posted by:

bill_d_tx

I downloaded a data set (Historical Prices) from Yahoo finance to an excel file and it downloaded as normal, no problems. Also, I have a different Excel file that gets quotes for multiple symbols by date range via a macro and that is working fine. It gets data from url http ://ichart.finance.yahoo.com http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com

.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:15 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

That's a different CSV file than the "Download Data (delayed)" from the
summary stock page:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=MMM

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 4:44 AM, dwyerbill@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> I downloaded a data set (Historical Prices) from Yahoo finance to an excel
> file and it downloaded as normal, no problems. Also, I have a different
> Excel file that gets quotes for multiple symbols by date range via a macro
> and that is working fine. It gets data from url http
> ://ichart.finance.yahoo.com <http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com>
>

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:04 am (PDT) . Posted by:

rr76012

sharn.spartner,


Re: rchgetyaooquotes still not working


It is Tues 8/11/2015 8:00 am central time.


My rchgetyahooquotes is still not working!


I keep wondering why Randy's rchgetyahooquotes is working and ours is not?


Everyone seems to have been using rchgetyahooquotes without any problems for years.


So, I think maybe Randy is right and this is a regional yahoo server problem and the problem is not with our software or hardware?


I wish Yahoo would fix this the market volatility is just now getting interesting.


Does anyone know of a rchgetelementnumber for the either today's or yesterday's stock price.


I need the current price for the npv calculation's that I do.


I just tried on the yahoo finance webpage, the summary page, on the bottom right hand side, I clicked the link
" Download Data (delayed) http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=MMM&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv" and I got the following message.


Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo http://us.rd.yahoo.com/400/*http://www.yahoo.com or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services http://us.rd.yahoo.com/400/*http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/family/more/. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.


http://us.rd.yahoo.com/400/*http://www.yahoo.com

Yahoo http://us.rd.yahoo.com/400/*http://www.yahoo.com A new welcome to Yahoo. The new Yahoo experience makes it easier to discover the news and information that you care about most. It's the web ordered for you.



View on us.rd.yahoo.com http://us.rd.yahoo.com/400/*http://www.yahoo.com
Preview by Yahoo








Thanks Everyone, I hope we all get rchgetyahooquotes working again today,


rr76012

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:06 am (PDT) . Posted by:

rr76012

richqw,


you are very fortunate as of Tuesday 8/11/2015 8:00 am still not working?


Congratulations on having rchgetyahooquotes working again.


rr76012

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 am (PDT) . Posted by:

rr76012

Good Morning Randy,


As of Tuesday 8/11/2015 8:00 am Central Time:


After clicking the "Download Data (delayed)" button, I still get a message = " Yahoo! - 400 Bad Request ".


Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page http://us.rd.yahoo.com/400/*http://www.yahoo.com or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services http://us.rd.yahoo.com/400/*http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/family/more/. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:27 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Take a look at the RCHGetWebData-Google-API-Quotes.xls in the FILES area of
the Yahoo group. It might be an easy way to replace RCHGetYahooQuotes()
temporarily.

Or you could also throw together something using FinViz:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/conversations/messages/19489

Just use "Price" and "Prev Close" as your column headers.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 6:04 AM, rr76012@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a rchgetelementnumber for the either today's or
> yesterday's stock price.
>
> I need the current price for the npv calculation&#39;s that I do.
>

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:14 am (PDT) . Posted by:

richqw

My functions were working normally at midnight, but are no longer working.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:20 am (PDT) . Posted by:

jimexstock

worked yesterday PM, but not working again this PM. Yahoo issue.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:27 am (PDT) . Posted by:

rr76012

My rchgetyahoquotes is not working.


And RCHElementNumber 25 MSN Last Price is Obsolete.


Anyone have any substitute recommendations.


I need the last stock price or close to it?


Thanks,


rr76012

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:30 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

See:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/conversations/messages/28978

Both of those can grab quotes for multiple issues in one Internet access.
You'd need to use smfForceRecalculation to update prices.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 6:27 AM, rr76012@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> My rchgetyahoquotes is not working.
>
> And RCHElementNumber 25 MSN Last Price is Obsolete.
>
> Anyone have any substitute recommendations.
>
> I need the last stock price or close to it?
>
>

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

rr76012

Good Morning Randy,


Thank You, I will hit your link and use it as a work around the rchgetyahooquotes.


Randy, by the way, I just tried to download my yahoo portfolio to get the current prices, and Guess What?


I got the same error message as when I clicked the " Download Data (delayed) http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=MMM&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv", so both, my portoflio download, they seem to have the same download problem, both the portfolio downloand and the download data (delayed) are not working?




Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Yup -- it's the same CSV file interface. The "customize your portfolio
view" web page is where I picked up a lot of the various Yahoo codes that
are used by RCHGetYahooQuotes(). As far as I know, it's really the only
documentation Yahoo has of the codes.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 6:43 AM, rr76012@... wrote:

>
> Randy, by the way, I just tried to download my yahoo portfolio to get the
> current prices, and Guess What?
>
> I got the same error message as when I clicked the " *Download Data
> (delayed)*
> <http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=MMM&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv>",
> so both, my portoflio download, they seem to have the same download
> problem, both the portfolio downloand and the download data (delayed) are
> not working?
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar