Kamis, 27 Agustus 2015

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3497

5 Messages

Digest #3497
2a
MarketGrader Scores by analyst101010
2b
Re: MarketGrader Scores by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
3a
Re: Morningstar & SMF by maxandmarina
3b
Re: Morningstar & SMF by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Messages

Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:02 am (PDT) . Posted by:

antonvanas1989

Thank you Randy!


I used the 2015-03-05 version, i thought this was the most resent update for ADVFN. I updated the plugin and it is working again.


Thank you again Randy!


Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:35 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

analyst101010

Hello Randy, All...

Could anyone help out with a minor tweak here?

I've been using a spreadsheet with ~200 client-held stocks to pull down a bunch of 3rd party analyst-scoring (zacks, morningstar, etc)...its a handy reference to see when individual sources change their scores/rating to see if there's any catalyst/red flag that others might pick up on. also, just to track directional trend of scores.

Anyone, one of them ("MarketGrader") required some help a while back on writing a function to pull down the specific scoring #.

it went like this...

=smfConvertData(smfstrExtr(smfGetTagContent("http://www.marketgrader.com/MG.Services/BOL/OnePage.jsp?symbol="&A1,"div",-1,"companyrating"),"~","<"))

...where A1 is the stock ticker.

I believe there's been some minor tweak to the website where this was pulled from that has made that formula no longer work.

an example =
http://www.marketgrader.com/MG.Services/BOL/OnePage.jsp?symbol=XOM http://www.marketgrader.com/MG.Services/BOL/OnePage.jsp?symbol=XOM

I looked it over and can't quite figure out why its pulling up blanks now. the format of the site has changed slightly, but the data is still there. Something to do with which "div" its looking at?

Any help would be appreciated. Its one of the more-useful data points and I'd hate to lose it.

Thanks in advance. If anyone could explain how they audit this as well, it might help me fix it myself in the future.

Hope all is well.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:46 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

It's no longer in a "div" tag. Try:

=smfConvertData(smfGetTagContent("
http://www.marketgrader.com/MG.Services/BOL/OnePage.jsp?symbol=
"&A1,"b",1,">Rating"))

To fix it, I had to look at the source code of the web page to see how it
was coded.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 7:35 PM, jfgilmore@... wrote:

>
>
> Could anyone help out with a minor tweak here?
>
> I've been using a spreadsheet with ~200 client-held stocks to pull down a
> bunch of 3rd party analyst-scoring (zacks, morningstar, etc)...its a handy
> reference to see when individual sources change their scores/rating to see
> if there's any catalyst/red flag that others might pick up on. also, just
> to track directional trend of scores.
>
> Anyone, one of them ("MarketGrader") required some help a while back on
> writing a function to pull down the specific scoring #.
>
> it went like this...
>
> =smfConvertData(smfstrExtr(smfGetTagContent("
> http://www.marketgrader.com/MG.Services/BOL/OnePage.jsp?symbol=
> "&A1,"div",-1,"companyrating"),"~","<"))
>
> ...where A1 is the stock ticker.
>
> I believe there's been some minor tweak to the website where this was
> pulled from that has made that formula no longer work.
>
> an example =
> http://www.marketgrader.com/MG.Services/BOL/OnePage.jsp?symbol=XOM
>
> I looked it over and can't quite figure out why its pulling up blanks
> now. the format of the site has changed slightly, but the data is still
> there. Something to do with which "div" its looking at?
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Its one of the more-useful data points and
> I'd hate to lose it.
>
> Thanks in advance. If anyone could explain how they audit this as well,
> it might help me fix it myself in the future.
>

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:30 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

maxandmarina

Randy,

I am trying pull similar data from the library.morningstar site and have followed your advice in this thread. I am receiving an "Error" result on the following, can you help? I have tried:


=RCHGetTableCell("http://library.morningstar.com/Stock/valuation/price-ratio?t=TLS®ion=AUS",1,"Price/Fair")



=RCHGetTableCell("http://library.morningstar.com/Stock/valuation/price-ratio?t=TLS®ion=AUS",
2,"Price/Fair",,,,1)



I am logged in with IE to receive the cookie.


Thanks in advance,


Max

Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:18 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Not sure how much I can help, because I can't access the pages.

You can check if your cookie is valid by trying to visit the web page using
EXCEL's Web Query dialog. Then you can see if the page you expect to see is
coming up.

You can also check to see if the web page is being retrieved as expected by
the add-in, by trying something like:

=RCHGetWebData("
http://library.morningstar.com/Stock/valuation/price-ratio?t=TLS®ion=AUS
",1)
=RCHGetWebData("
http://library.morningstar.com/Stock/valuation/price-ratio?t=TLS®ion=AUS
","Price/Fair")

The normal MorningStar website now consists primarily of dynamically
generated websites, where the source code of the URL web page doesn't
actually contain the data, but is sourced from elsewhere. If that is the
case with your URL's, you would need to find out what those source web
pages are, by using some type of HTTP traffic monitoring tool. For example,
I use HTTPFox with the FireFox browser.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 7:47 PM, maxandmarina@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> I am trying pull similar data from the library.morningstar site and have
> followed your advice in this thread. I am receiving an "Error" result on
> the following, can you help? I have tried:
>
> =RCHGetTableCell("
> http://library.morningstar.com/Stock/valuation/price-ratio?t=TLS®ion=AUS
> ",1,"Price/Fair")
>
> =RCHGetTableCell("
> http://library.morningstar.com/Stock/valuation/price-ratio?t=TLS®ion=AUS
> ",
> 2,"Price/Fair",,,,1)
>
> I am logged in with IE to receive the cookie.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar