Rabu, 18 November 2015

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3561

5 Messages

Digest #3561

Messages

Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:04 am (PST) . Posted by:

rdenotari


Hi all,


I can use the Morningstae/Adfn/Yahoo elements, but the Google ones all return "Error." I had no issues on my home computer with Google elements, but at work it does not work. I can't figure this out, has anyone experienced similar issue before?


Thanks!


Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:19 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Some have said this Internet Options change was the cause of the Google
issue:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/conversations/messages/10464

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:04 AM, rdenotari@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I can use the Morningstae/Adfn/Yahoo elements, but the Google ones all
> return "Error." I had no issues on my home computer with Google elements,
> but at work it does not work. I can't figure this out, has anyone
> experienced similar issue before?
>
>

Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 pm (PST) . Posted by:

truebangalorean

Hi Randy,

Not sure if your answer on "IE not able to show Implied Volatility" is still valid because we can see Implied volatility on yahoo pages using IE browser.


The following formulae yields "Unrecognized item ID: 6" for


=smfGetOXOptionQuote("QCOM","C",DATE(2015,12,18),50,"6")

=smfGetYahooOptionQuote("QCOM","C",DATE(2015,12,18),50,"6")



I know option '6' may not be defined for Yahoo yet. I use version 2.1.2015.08.13.


Let me know if the option is not 6 and something else. OR if there is another way to get Implied volatility.


Thank you,


Shri


---In smf_addin@yahoogroups.com, <rharmelink@...> wrote :

Unfortunately, there is no implied volatility on the Yahoo web page...because the format of the web page in IE is the old format, and it's the IE format web page that EXCEL and the add-in retrieve.


The new format of the option web pages does show up in FireFox and Chrome, but Yahoo backed it out of IE.


You can get IV from OX.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:44 AM, cheval66@... mailto:cheval66@... [smf_addin] <smf_addin@yahoogroups.com mailto:smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
I have been trying without much success to pull the implied volatility data from the Yahoo Option Quotes pages .

I've tried these two functions

RCHGetHTMLTable

RCHGetWebData

The existing template that pulls the Yahoo Option Quotes data seems to be pulling from another URL because the even the column headings are different...they are missing a few headings

I am wondering if you have ever looked into pulling the Implied Volatility data? It would be awesomely useful.










Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:12 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Implied Volatility is not within the Yahoo web page source code that is
being sent to the add-in...

Actually, I'm not getting any options data at the moment. Just the column
headings of the tables:

StrikeSymbolLastChgBidAskVolOpen Int
Both of these work, although they are returning different values:

=smfGetOX2OptionQuote("QCOM","C",DATE(2015,12,18),50,"6")
=smfGet888OptionQuote("QCOM","C",DATE(2015,12,18),50,"6")

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 11:49 PM, truebangalorean@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> Hi Randy,
>
> Not sure if your answer on "IE not able to show Implied Volatility" is
> still valid because we can see Implied volatility on yahoo pages using IE
> browser.
>
> The following formulae yields "Unrecognized item ID: 6" for
>
> =smfGetOXOptionQuote("QCOM&quot;,"C",DATE(2015,12,18),50,"6")
> =smfGetYahooOptionQuote("QCOM","C",DATE(2015,12,18),50,"6")
>
> I know option '6' may not be defined for Yahoo yet. I use version
> 2.1.2015.08.13.
>
> Let me know if the option is not 6 and something else. OR if there is
> another way to get Implied volatility.
>
>
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar