Kamis, 24 Desember 2015

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3589[1 Attachment]

15 Messages

Digest #3589

Messages

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:46 pm (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

please see the attachment photo below, I'm trying to get the multi year financial data (best if 10 years, minumum 6 years) for income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, financial ratios

I've read this faq page already, but still don't know how to get the data I need? (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/conversations/messages/24946)


Any help from the group founder or members will be greatly appreciated :)


Thanks in advance!

Attachment(s) from
1 of 1 Photo(s)

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:54 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Where are you trying to extract the data from -- what URL?

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 12:28 AM, perseuslim11@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [Attachment(s) <#151d2f3c62621084_TopText> from perseuslim11@yahoo.com
> [smf_addin] included below]
>
> please see the attachment photo below, I'm trying to get the multi year
> financial data (best if 10 years, minumum 6 years) for income statement,
> balance sheet, cash flow, financial ratios
>
> I've read this faq page already, but still don't know how to get the data
> I need? (
> https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/conversations/messages/24946
> )
>
> Any help from the group founder or members will be greatly appreciated :)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
>
>
>
>
> Attachment(s) from perseuslim11@yahoo.com [smf_addin] | View attachments
> on the web
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/attachments/1808972226;_ylc=X3oDMTJyNjhybnEyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4MDk0NjIwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTYzMjE5OARzZWMDYXR0YWNobWVudARzbGsDdmlld09uV2ViBHN0aW1lAzE0NTA5NDMxNjg->
>
> 1 of 1 Photo(s)
> [image: aaa.png]
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/attachments/1808972226;_ylc=X3oDMTJuN3U5ZGN2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4MDk0NjIwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTYzMjE5OARzZWMDYXR0YWNobWVudARzbGsDcGhvdG8Ec3RpbWUDMTQ1MDk0MzE2OA--?itemid=352985757>
> aaa.png
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/attachments/1808972226;_ylc=X3oDMTJuN3U5ZGN2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4MDk0NjIwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTYzMjE5OARzZWMDYXR0YWNobWVudARzbGsDcGhvdG8Ec3RpbWUDMTQ1MDk0MzE2OA--?itemid=352985757>
> ------------------------------
>
>

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:01 am (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

Hi, thanks for your super fast reply!

I'm not sure where to get data from? If possible, I need 10 year financial data..


I'm from Malaysia, trying to get data for this counter:

OSK (5053) because in my old excel template, I key in the financial data one by one, which is very time consuming...




I only know that gurufocus gives 10 year data (but it is paid unfortunately ), what other websites gives 10 year data for free?



Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:04 am (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

and in my more current template, I copy whole table one by one into my template data section, but there are more than 10 tables to copy, and sometimes the data are incomplete somewhat..

I use the financial data from my trading platform, which couldnt be fetched directly into excel also

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:06 am (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

15 Year Financial Data of OSK Holdings Bhd (XKLS:5053) - GuruFocus.com http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/XKLS:5053

http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/XKLS:5053

15 Year Financial Data of OSK Holdings Bhd (XKLS:... http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/XKLS:5053 5053- XKLS (Malaysia) OSK Holdings Bhd Not Rated Top Ranked Predictable Companies 1.63 (1.24%) Volume: 351,900 Dec. 23Avg Vol (1m): 358,623



View on www.gurufocus.com http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/XKLS:5053
Preview by Yahoo






gurufocus I'm sure has the data, but it is expensive for a newbie like me (I'm still a student, and only started investing half a year ago..)

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:18 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

I don't do anything with non-USA stocks, so I'm not familiar with what's
available. The key would be to have a bookmarkable URL that contains the
data. In general, the add-in extracts data from the source code of a web
page.

I'm a subscriber to GuruFocus, but only for U.S. stocks, so I can't look at
the OSK web page.

With my subscription to MorningStar, I can get 10 years of their data in a
CSV file (method described on the "Tips and FAQs" web page). For example,
the ratios file can be retrieved with:

=smfGetCSVFile("
http://financials.morningstar.com/ajax/exportKR2CSV.html?t=5053®ion=MYS&culture=en_US
")

...and you can also get the three financial statements. Without a
subscription, you should just get 5 years (+TTM) of data. For example, for
me, the first few lines of the above data retrieval looks like this in
EXCEL:

Growth Profitability and Financial Ratios for OSK Holdings Bhd
Financials 2005-12 2006-12 2007-12 2008-12
2009-12 2010-12 2011-12 2012-12 2013-12 2014-12 TTM Revenue MYR Mil 240 386
788 740 696 873 110 32 61 60 318 Gross Margin % 74.6 71.9
37.1 Operating Income MYR Mil 82 172 433 192 202 192 -635 8 213 216
558 Operating
Margin % 34.4 44.5 54.9 25.9 29 22 -578.6 26.1 347.9 359.8 175.7
This is the web page where the CSV files are generated:

http://financials.morningstar.com/income-statement/is.html?t=5053®ion=MYS&culture=en_US

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 1:01 AM, perseuslim11@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> Hi, thanks for your super fast reply!
>
> I'm not sure where to get data from? If possible, I need 10 year financial
> data..
>
> I'm from Malaysia, trying to get data for this counter:
> OSK (5053) because in my old excel template, I key in the financial data
> one by one, which is very time consuming...
>
> I only know that gurufocus gives 10 year data (but it is paid
> unfortunately ), what other websites gives 10 year data for free?
>

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 1:04 AM, perseuslim11@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> and in my more current template, I copy whole table one by one into my
> template data section, but there are more than 10 tables to copy, and
> sometimes the data are incomplete somewhat..
>
> I use the financial data from my trading platform, which couldnt be
> fetched directly into excel also
>
>
On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 1:06 AM, perseuslim11@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
>
> 15 Year Financial Data of OSK Holdings Bhd (XKLS:5053) - GuruFocus.com
> <http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/XKLS:5053>
>

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:25 am (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

Morningstar doesnt give long term borrowing data, only gives the short term one, but I would need both for the invested capital formula = Shareholders Equity + Interest Bearing Debt + Short Term Debt + Long Term Debt


Balance Sheet for OSK Holdings Bhd (5053) from Morningstar.com http://financials.morningstar.com/balance-sheet/bs.html?t=5053®ion=mys&culture=en-US

Balance Sheet for OSK Holdings Bhd (5053) from Morningstar.com http://financials.morningstar.com/balance-sheet/bs.html?t=5053®ion=mys&culture=en-US Get OSK Holdings Bhd (5053) Balance Sheet or Statement of Financial Position including assets, cash, current assets, long-term assets, liabilities, current debt, long-term debt, and stockholders' equity, including preferred stock, common stock and treasury stock.



View on financials.morningstar.com http://financials.morningstar.com/balance-sheet/bs.html?t=5053®ion=mys&culture=en-US
Preview by Yahoo




do you know of any website to get more than 6 year data for free?

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:33 am (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

could I get 6- 10 year data without subscription? Either from gurufocus or any other website?

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:33 am (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

and is it possible to get the whole table data from this page? Last time I tried the excel "from web" query, but doesn't work.. KLSE - FIMACOR(3107): FIMA CORPORATION BHD http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp#stockDetailDiv

http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp#stockDetailDiv

KLSE - FIMACOR(3107): FIMA CORPORATION BHD http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp#stockDetailDiv FIMA CORPORATION BHD



View on www.klse.my http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp#stockDetailDiv
Preview by Yahoo









Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:33 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Free 10 years of data is tough to find. AdvFN has a lot of data, but I
don't see OSK Holdings (5053) listed there.

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 1:24 AM, perseuslim11@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> Morningstar doesnt give long term borrowing data, only gives the short
> term one, but I would need both for the invested capital formula =
> Shareholders Equity + Interest Bearing Debt + Short Term Debt + Long Term
> Debt
>
> Balance Sheet for OSK Holdings Bhd (5053) from Morningstar.com
> <http://financials.morningstar.com/balance-sheet/bs.html?t=5053®ion=mys&culture=en-US>
>
> do you know of any website to get more than 6 year data for free?
>

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:37 am (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

is it possible to get all the tables from this page? KLSE - FIMACOR(3107): FIMA CORPORATION BHD http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp#stockDetailDiv

http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp#stockDetailDiv

KLSE - FIMACOR(3107): FIMA CORPORATION BHD http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp#stockDetailDiv FIMA CORPORATION BHD



View on www.klse.my http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp#stockDetailDiv
Preview by Yahoo







and for the Morninstar ratio that you've posted just now, there are some incomplete data as well, like the missing gross margin values?

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:40 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

You can grab all 16 tables on the page at once with something like:

=RCHGetHTMLTable("
http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp","Revenue
(",-1,"",16)

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 1:33 AM, perseuslim11@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> and is it possible to get the whole table data from this page? Last time I
> tried the excel "from web" query, but doesn't work..
> KLSE - FIMACOR(3107): FIMA CORPORATION BHD
> <http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp#stockDetailDiv>
>

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:43 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Not a clue as to what's going on there...I don't maintain the data. It's
just what MorningStar has available (or has meaningful data?).

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 1:37 AM, perseuslim11@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> and for the Morninstar ratio that you've posted just now, there are some
> incomplete data as well, like the missing gross margin values?
>

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:52 am (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

instead of getting cvs file, could I get the data displayed inside one of the sheets of my excel?

=smfGetCSVFile("http://financials.morningstar.com/ajax/exportKR2CSV.html?t=5053®ion=MYS&culture=en_US http://financials.morningstar.com/ajax/exportKR2CSV.html?t=5053®ion=MYS&culture=en_US")



Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:55 am (PST) . Posted by:

perseuslim11

ok, thanks! Am I allowed to use the morningstar link you gave above to retrieve data for diff companies? =smfGetCSVFile("http://financials.morningstar.com/ajax/exportKR2CSV.html?t=5053®ion=MYS&culture=en_US http://financials.morningstar.com/ajax/exportKR2CSV.html?t=5053®ion=MYS&culture=en_US")





and abt the morningstar data, all are in millions rite?
and how abt the missing gross margin data?





As for
=RCHGetHTMLTable("http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp http://www.klse.my/stock/result/financial/quarterAnalysis/3107.jsp","Revenue (",-1,"",16)
what does -1 represent? and what does 16 represent?


Thanks for your time and help! And Happy Christmas Eve ^_^
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar