Selasa, 21 Oktober 2014

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3214

8 Messages

Digest #3214
1b
Re: RCHGetElementNumber (1,33,34) by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
2b
Re: Google stock screener - get the tickers? by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
4a
Stock Screener Template by manhattancollegejaspers
4b
Re: Stock Screener Template by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Messages

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:43 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

dcharlotte99

I'm getting 'Error' messages for the following 'RCHGetElementNumber' codes:

1 - Company Description
33 - 52-week Low
34 - 52-week High

I think this may be due to the new MSN format. What are the easiest replacements for these codes?

Thanks much for any assistance.


Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:30 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Yes, MSN elements are probably all obsolete now.

52-week low and high are within the Yahoo Key Statistic web page elements.

For company description, see:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/conversations/messages/27172

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 12:43 PM, dcharlotte99@...wrote:

>
> I'm getting 'Error' messages for the following 'RCHGetElementNumber' codes:
>
> 1 - Company Description
> 33 - 52-week Low
> 34 - 52-week High
>
> I think this may be due to the new MSN format. What are the easiest
> replacements for these codes?
>
>

Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:49 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

shiraegi

Hm, but how do I get Excel to find the JSON request on that page? It does not show up in the source code, yet it does show up when hovering over the arrow at the bottom...


The thing is the screener criteria are variable (I select them as needed in Excel), and the URL I construct is therefore variable, meaning the JSON request will also be variable depending on which criteria I select.


I would probably have to create a screener with all the screener criteria selected and then use a URL sniffer like you did to see how the criteria are coded in the JSON request, then use that to construct the JSON url in Excel rather than the basic URL...

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:19 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

I don't see any way to automate it fully. Just, once you've created the
screen, you might be able to rerun it at any time in the future by saving
that JSON URL...

All I was saying is that by copying the URL, you wouldn't need to use the
URL sniffer.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM, shiraegi@... wrote:

> Hm, but how do I get Excel to find the JSON request on that page? It
> does not show up in the source code, yet it does show up when hovering over
> the arrow at the bottom...
>
> The thing is the screener criteria are variable (I select them as needed
> in Excel), and the URL I construct is therefore variable, meaning the JSON
> request will also be variable depending on which criteria I select.
>
> I would probably have to create a screener with all the screener criteria
> selected and then use a URL sniffer like you did to see how the criteria
> are coded in the JSON request, then use that to construct the JSON url in
> Excel rather than the basic URL...
>

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:31 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Pete A" option2z

Hey Randy,

Industry & Sector now return error:
Your :Fixed elements #13822 thru #13861 on smf-elements-2.txt, because Yahoo
changed their Market Statistics web page."
Got right up near. I looked at the page, but could not figure out how to
best fix things. The data is there on the page.

Maybe there was a post earlier, but I can't find it.

Thanks!
Pete

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:26 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Not sure what to tell you -- elements #13865 and #13867 are working fine
here, for ticker symbol MMM. I don't think those element definitions have
changed since I created them.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Pete A optionzz@...wrote:

>
> Industry & Sector now return error:
>
> Your :Fixed elements #13822 thru #13861 on smf-elements-2.txt, because
> Yahoo changed their Market Statistics web page…"
>
> Got right up near. I looked at the page, but could not figure out how to
> best fix things. The data is there on the page.
>
>
>
> Maybe there was a post earlier, but I can't find it.
>

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:13 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

manhattancollegejaspers

Hi Guys,
I joined awhile ago, but I really want to dig into the power of this tool. Does anyone have any stock screener examples that they wouldn't mind letting me take look at to get some ideas and see how all these codes work? I would really appreciate it.


Robbie

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:19 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

The add-in isn't a screening tool, but a data retrieval tool. You'd need to
retrieve too much data to use it as a screening tool, which would be an
unfair burden on the free data sources.

Check over the function documentation. Each should have at least one
example of using the function.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM, robkennedy23@...wrote:

>
> I joined awhile ago, but I really want to dig into the power of this tool.
> Does anyone have any stock screener examples that they wouldn't mind
> letting me take look at to get some ideas and see how all these codes work?
> I would really appreciate it.
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar