Senin, 18 Mei 2015

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3409

7 Messages

Digest #3409
1b
Re: Extract EPS from 4-traders by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
2b
Re: financial times extraction by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink
3b
Re: Quarterly data for the past 5 years? by "Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Messages

Sun May 17, 2015 4:29 am (PDT) . Posted by:

lawleesh

Hi Randy


Could you pls help me with the smfGetTagContent formula to extract EPS data from ?http://www.4-traders.com/ASCENDAS-INDIA-TRUST-6499851/financials/ http://www.4-traders.com/ASCENDAS-INDIA-TRUST-6499851/financials/


The words in bracket that come after EPS e.g. EPS (cts SGD) is different for each market so is there a way to just use "EPS" as identifier?


thanks


LL

Sun May 17, 2015 4:50 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Try:

=smfGetTagContent("
http://www.4-traders.com/ASCENDAS-INDIA-TRUST-6499851/financials/
","b",1,">EPS")

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 4:29 AM, lawrence.leesh@... wrote:

> Could you pls help me with the smfGetTagContent formula to extract EPS
> data from ?
> http://www.4-traders.com/ASCENDAS-INDIA-TRUST-6499851/financials/
>
> The words in bracket that come after EPS e.g. EPS (cts SGD) is different
> for each market so is there a way to just use "EPS" as identifier?
>
>

Sun May 17, 2015 5:39 am (PDT) . Posted by:

grizzzzzzly



Can't get meaningful extract data from FT using the excel cell entry below, which Randy identified back in 2013.


" =RCHGetHTMLTable("http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past 90 Days",1,"",1)

...to get the table FOLLOWING the "Past 90 Days" string.
"
I'm getting to the page and tables but not able to extract the 6 months price change figure which is my objective.



If I use the cell entry in excel as listed above I get blank and I've shown other results below where I change the instruction below.


Most likely I haven't understood something or the ability to access this data has changed since 2013.



If anyone can offer any additional advice on how to get the data I'm after I would be very grateful.






=RCHGetHTMLTable("http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past 90 Days",1,"",1)



Result: Blank Cell


=RCHGetHTMLTable("http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past 90 Days",1,"",2)



Result: Blank Cell


=RCHGetHTMLTable("http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past 90 Days",2,"",1)



Result: Blank Cell


=RCHGetHTMLTable("http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past 90 Days",-1,"",1)



Result: (First Cell of Table 5/7 on http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ)


"Apr 23 2015 23:41 BSTGoogle Announces Internet Availability of Proxy Materials for Its 2015 Annual Meeting of Stockholders"


=RCHGetHTMLTable("http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past 90 Days",-2,"",1)



Result: (First Cell of Table 4/7 on http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ)


"16 2015 00:00 BSTContest raises question 'What is design?'"




I also have all the tables listed from the web page but haven't included here due to size consideration.





















Sun May 17, 2015 5:44 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

You need to array-enter the RCHGetHTMLTable() function over a range to
return anything more than just the first cell...

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 5:38 AM, grizzzzzzly@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> Can't get meaningful extract data from FT using the excel cell entry
> below, which Randy identified back in 2013.
>
> "
> =RCHGetHTMLTable("
> http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past
> 90 Days",1,"",1)
>
> ...to get the table FOLLOWING the "Past 90 Days" string.
> "
> I'm getting to the page and tables but not able to extract the 6 months
> price change figure which is my objective.
>
> If I use the cell entry in excel as listed above I get blank and I've
> shown other results below where I change the instruction below.
>
> Most likely I haven't understood something or the ability to access this
> data has changed since 2013.
>
> If anyone can offer any additional advice on how to get the data I'm after
> I would be very grateful.
>
>
>
> =RCHGetHTMLTable("
> http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past
> 90 Days",1,"",1)
>
> Result: Blank Cell
>
> =RCHGetHTMLTable("
> http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past
> 90 Days",1,"",2)
>
> Result: Blank Cell
>
> =RCHGetHTMLTable("
> http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past
> 90 Days",2,"",1)
>
> Result: Blank Cell
>
> =RCHGetHTMLTable("
> http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past
> 90 Days",-1,"",1)
>
> Result: (First Cell of Table 5/7 on
> http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ)
>
> "Apr 23 2015 23:41 BSTGoogle Announces Internet Availability of Proxy
> Materials for Its 2015 Annual Meeting of Stockholders"
>
> =RCHGetHTMLTable("
> http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ","Past
> 90 Days",-2,"",1)
>
> Result: (First Cell of Table 4/7 on
> http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=GOOG:NSQ)
>
> "16 2015 00:00 BSTContest raises question 'What is design?'"
>
>
> I also have all the tables listed from the web page but haven't included
> here due to size consideration.
>

Sun May 17, 2015 6:31 am (PDT) . Posted by:

catyhsin

This question has nothing to do with writing a query, but I was wondering if anyone knows where to get the quarterly data (for the past 5 years) for free? Thanks.

Sun May 17, 2015 6:36 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

AdvFN has it, but it's reliability has been questionable over the last year
or so:

http://www.advfn.com/stock-market/NYSE/MMM/financials?btn=quarterly_reports&mode=company_data

NASDAQ has it as well:

http://fundamentals.nasdaq.com/nasdaq_fundamentals.asp?documentType=3&Duration=1&NumPeriods=20&selected=MMM

See:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/smf_addin/conversations/messages/8315

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 6:27 AM, catyhsin@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> This question has nothing to do with writing a query, but I was
> wondering if anyone knows where to get the quarterly data (for the past 5
> years) for free? Thanks.
>
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar