Jumat, 20 Februari 2015

[smf_addin] Digest Number 3331

7 Messages

Digest #3331

Messages

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:44 am (PST) . Posted by:

hashky

Randy -

The latest version
Stock Market Functions add-in, Version 2.1.2014.10.23.B (C:\SMF Add-In; ; ; 1)
does not retrieve the OTM & ITM for 3 months and beyond from Yahoo.

I reinstalled this version
Stock Market Functions add-in, Version 2.1.2014.05.25 (C:\SMF Add-In; ; ; 1)
and it still works.


Was this intentional?



I realize that Yahoo mixing the Weekly and Monthly Options makes the first 3 months unreliable (basically not usable).



Ron

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:05 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

What happened is that Yahoo changed the format of their options web pages
in mid-October, so I changed the add-in. That new format still exists on
other browsers, such as FireFox and Chrome. However, a week or two (or
three?) later, they backed out the new format and went back to the old
format for IE. Only IE. Why, I have no idea. I haven't backed out my
changes because I figure they will eventually go back to the new format,
since FireFox and Chrome are still displaying them...

But it has been a while...I've even been holding off a new official release
until that issue is relieved. Or until I give up on it and do the work to
put back in the old processing.

I did intentionally remove the OTM and ITM processing on Yahoo because of
the issue of them mixing the option expiration dates on a web page. It was
just causing too many issues for people. Instead, you should be using the
smfGetOptionStrikes() function.

I had also updated the smfGetOptionStrikes() and smfGetOptionExpirations()
functions for the new Yahoo format, so they aren't working in the
2014.10.23.B version for Yahoo either, but should work fine for Yahoo in
the 2014.05.25 version.

*sigh*

Unfortunately for you guys that use Yahoo, I never see the problem because
I use OptionsXpress. It's a bit slower, but I just had too many instances
of missing contracts on Yahoo and Google. I check from time to time to see
which version IE is currently displaying.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 8:44 AM, hashky@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> The latest version
> Stock Market Functions add-in, Version 2.1.2014.10.23.B (C:\SMF Add-In; ;
> ; 1)
> does not retrieve the OTM & ITM for 3 months and beyond from Yahoo.
>
> I reinstalled this version
> Stock Market Functions add-in, Version 2.1.2014.05.25 (C:\SMF Add-In; ; ;
> 1)
>
> and it still works.
>
> Was this intentional?
>
> I realize that Yahoo mixing the Weekly and Monthly Options makes the first
> 3 months unreliable (basically not usable).
>
>

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:38 am (PST) . Posted by:

hashky

Thanks for the quick response.

I don't use Options Express because OX does not recognize OTM1 etc. With Yahoo I could pull 1 ITM and several OTM strikes all on the same page for all future Expirations. I could then, on the same page, calculate the percent returns and annualized returns. The only thing I need to input is stock ticker and number of underlining shares. The spreadsheet does all the rest.

I haven't figured out how to do this with OX. Also the OX site is hard for me as a non-OX customer to find the option data.

I have also thought about some way to filter out the weekly options on Yahoo. I haven't come up with anything yet.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:11 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Just use the smfGetOptionStrikes() function to get the strike prices that
are ITM and OTM.

There is a link to a write-up on how to use the various option functions on
the "Tips and FAQs" web page.

Note that ITM and OTM strikes will vary by expiration date.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:38 AM, hashky@yahoo.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>
> I don't use Options Express because OX does not recognize OTM1 etc. With
> Yahoo I could pull 1 ITM and several OTM strikes all on the same page for
> all future Expirations. I could then, on the same page, calculate the
> percent returns and annualized returns. The only thing I need to input is
> stock ticker and number of underlining shares. The spreadsheet does all
> the rest.
>
> I haven't figured out how to do this with OX. Also the OX site is hard
> for me as a non-OX customer to find the option data.
>
> I have also thought about some way to filter out the weekly options on
> Yahoo. I haven't come up with anything yet.
>

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:59 am (PST) . Posted by:

climbermel

When returning x (Exchange) in RCHGetYahooQuotes, I am getting "PCX" for SPDR ETFs like SPY & SDS. Can you tell me where it is pulling that from? If I go to http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SDS http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SDS it shows the exchange as: ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (SDS) -NYSEArca
I know it isn't a problem with the RCHGetYahooQuotes as I get the same if I type in: http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=SDS&f=x&e=.csv http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=SDS&f=x&e=.csv
I'm just trying to figure where it gets that piece of data from... then I can figure out what to do about it.


Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:38 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy Harmelink" rharmelink

Not a clue what is going on. Sounds like a question for Yahoo.

In the context of exchanges, I would have said PCX was the Pacific Exchange.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:59 AM, climbermel@gmail.com [smf_addin] <
smf_addin@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> When returning x (Exchange) in RCHGetYahooQuotes, I am getting "PCX" for
> SPDR ETFs like SPY & SDS. Can you tell me where it is pulling that from?
> If I go to http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SDS it shows the exchange as:
> ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (SDS) -NYSEArca
>
> I know it isn't a problem with the RCHGetYahooQuotes as I get the same if
> I type in: http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=SDS&f=x&e=.csv
>
> I'm just trying to figure where it gets that piece of data from... then I
> can figure out what to do about it.
>

Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:48 am (PST) . Posted by:

soemoe.theinwin

Hi - opened my spreadsheet this morning and the above formula is returning an error for many stocks now..in fact the same stocks will no longer gather information from the GF site now.

Some examples: AAPL, WYNN, GE are OK, MIL:BMW, LSE:VOD, is not. It actually seems, after some investigation that only US stocks are working.


I've reinstalled the plugin and still the same ones aren't returning any information and I'm logged into the sites with my premium membership..



Any adjustments/obvious errors I'm making?


For what its worth, I previously used excel via a virtual machine on parallels for Mac (where everything worked fine) and yesterday installed a new VM - still odd that only US listed stocks seem to work.
For the Add-in, Documentation, Templates, Tips and FAQs, visit http://ogres-crypt.com/SMF

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar